Buy an Interpretation
Interpreting your Dreams
Increasing Dream Recall
Determining Dream Type
Developing Dream Intuition
About Nancy Wagaman, M.A.
Dream Symbol: Toxic Dream
A toxic dream is usually a very realistic, upsetting dream that is most likely to occur when your body's cleansing system is overloaded during sleep. They are often terrible nightmares and they signal that your body, mind, or emotions are in a toxic state. These dreams can result from a number of factors the day before, including:
- Eating refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour), processed or junk food, additives or preservatives
- Eating any foods within 2 hours before going to bed
- Ingesting drugs or other substances that stress the body
- Encountering environmental toxins (mold, exhaust fumes, etc.)
- Being stressed (stress hormone by-products load the body's cleansing system just like external toxins do)
- Being emotionally toxic, such as going to bed angry or hateful (holding on to emotional upset creates a stressful physical state)upset creates a stressful physical state)
- Not getting enough rest (sleep-deprivation robs the body of its critical nighttime cleansing cycle, leaving more toxins in the body)
Using this Dream DictionaryTips to Understand Dream Meaning
Dream symbol meanings are different for each person. It's IMPORTANT to consider:
- Personal meaning - What the dream symbol means to you, what it reminds you of, how it makes you feel.
- Context - How the dream symbol appears in the dream. For example, in a dream about a bee - what was the bee doing, how and where it was doing it, and how did you feel about it?
- Look beyond the obvious - A dream is often about something other than its obvious meaning. Physical events in the dream commonly represent mental or emotional matters.
What Does Your Dream Mean?About Dream Symbols
This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. A dream symbol often means something different in different dreams. There is no standard meaning of a dream symbol or dream that is accurate for all dreams. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary.
IMPORTANT: This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. There is no single "standard meaning" of a dream symbol or dream. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary. I am not a therapist. If you are experiencing physical or psychological problems, or if you are distressed, consult a medical professional.