Buy an Interpretation
Interpreting your Dreams
Increasing Dream Recall
Determining Dream Type
Developing Dream Intuition
About Nancy Wagaman, M.A.
Dream Symbol: clothes
- The way the dreamer thinks the wearer wants to portray themselves to others
- How the dreamer thinks the wearer is trying to control others'—or even their own—image of themselves (such as kids wanting to dress older to try to get people to believe they are older)
- A role the person plays (as in a uniform)—or would like to play (as in little girls playing dress-up like princesses)
- Protection—especially self-protection of boundaries, as in protecting oneself from being taken advantage of or judged (for example, cold-weather clothing representing an attempt to protect oneself from hatred, bad will, etc. in real life
- A characteristic associated with the type of clothing, such as culture, age group, or personality type
Using this Dream DictionaryTips to Understand Dream Meaning
Dream symbol meanings are different for each person. It's IMPORTANT to consider:
- Personal meaning - What the dream symbol means to you, what it reminds you of, how it makes you feel.
- Context - How the dream symbol appears in the dream. For example, in a dream about a bee - what was the bee doing, how and where it was doing it, and how did you feel about it?
- Look beyond the obvious - A dream is often about something other than its obvious meaning. Physical events in the dream commonly represent mental or emotional matters.
What Does Your Dream Mean?About Dream Symbols
This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. A dream symbol often means something different in different dreams. There is no standard meaning of a dream symbol or dream that is accurate for all dreams. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary.
IMPORTANT: This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. There is no single "standard meaning" of a dream symbol or dream. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary. I am not a therapist. If you are experiencing physical or psychological problems, or if you are distressed, consult a medical professional.