Buy an Interpretation
Interpreting your Dreams
Increasing Dream Recall
Determining Dream Type
Developing Dream Intuition
About Nancy Wagaman, M.A.
Dream Symbol: unknown thing
Something that is unknown or unfamiliar can have many meanings, such as:
- Something or someone in your waking life you don't know or perhaps would like to know or understand better
- A vague feeling, thought, or idea within yourself
- A general threat or fear that's on your mind
- Something that is not central to the dream's meaning, but possibly just plays a role in setting context or recreating a past event or setting
For clues to meaning, consider any characteristics of the unknown thing, what stands out about it, and your emotional reaction to it.
Using this Dream DictionaryTips to Understand Dream Meaning
Dream symbol meanings are different for each person. It's IMPORTANT to consider:
- Personal meaning - What the dream symbol means to you, what it reminds you of, how it makes you feel.
- Context - How the dream symbol appears in the dream. For example, in a dream about a bee - what was the bee doing, how and where it was doing it, and how did you feel about it?
- Look beyond the obvious - A dream is often about something other than its obvious meaning. Physical events in the dream commonly represent mental or emotional matters.
What Does Your Dream Mean?About Dream Symbols
This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. A dream symbol often means something different in different dreams. There is no standard meaning of a dream symbol or dream that is accurate for all dreams. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary.
IMPORTANT: This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. There is no single "standard meaning" of a dream symbol or dream. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary. I am not a therapist. If you are experiencing physical or psychological problems, or if you are distressed, consult a medical professional.