Buy an Interpretation
Interpreting your Dreams
Increasing Dream Recall
Determining Dream Type
Developing Dream Intuition
About Nancy Wagaman, M.A.
Dream Symbol: being betrayed
Dreaming that someone is untrustworthy or a traitor can mean you're feeling suspicious of them somehow in real life, or you're exploring a worst-case scenario, or you're feeling paranoid or suspicious in general.
Your loved one betraying you can mean:
- You're feeling insecure about your ability to hold their interest, or you're afraid of the idea of them cheating on you
- You're feeling jealous about your loved one devoting time or attention to something other than you (work, a hobby, watching TV, using the computer, etc.)—having nothing to do with any actual cheating
Someone other than a romantic partner betraying you can mean:
- There's someone in your life whom you don't really trust
- You do not trust God (or feel God has betrayed you)
- You do not trust yourself (or feel you have betrayed yourself)
See also: lying interfering being lied to breaking an agreement dishonest untrustworthy telling on someone being sabotaged you sabotaging abandonment catching someone someone leaving you leaving someone cheating trickery
Using this Dream DictionaryTips to Understand Dream Meaning
Dream symbol meanings are different for each person. It's IMPORTANT to consider:
- Personal meaning - What the dream symbol means to you, what it reminds you of, how it makes you feel.
- Context - How the dream symbol appears in the dream. For example, in a dream about a bee - what was the bee doing, how and where it was doing it, and how did you feel about it?
- Look beyond the obvious - A dream is often about something other than its obvious meaning. Physical events in the dream commonly represent mental or emotional matters.
What Does Your Dream Mean?About Dream Symbols
This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. A dream symbol often means something different in different dreams. There is no standard meaning of a dream symbol or dream that is accurate for all dreams. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary.
IMPORTANT: This dream dictionary gives suggested meanings of dream symbols. There is no single "standard meaning" of a dream symbol or dream. Dream meaning is very subjective, and your dream symbol may mean something completely different from the meaning listed in this dream dictionary. I am not a therapist. If you are experiencing physical or psychological problems, or if you are distressed, consult a medical professional.